God loves me

May 19, 2010
I'm constantly reminded of just how much God loves me. :)

Today was my graduation! I don't think I cared that much about my graduation; I guess it might be just because I don't see graduating as all that important. Just another stage of life; another event in the midst of a plethora of events. But what totally made the day (week, month, etc) for me was definitely seeing my mom come to my graduation. I had no idea at all she'd come; she said she couldn't come, and I was okay with that, though I knew that after she told me she really couldn't come, I was pretty bummed. I miss my mom, and I haven't seen her in awhile, so of course I'd had loved it if she came. But at the same time, I knew it wasn't too big of a deal since I'd be graduating again in 2 years with a Master's (hopefully). But nevertheless, I wanted her to come, but didn't expect her to; I even gave the ticket I saved for her away just a few days ago. But today, while I was getting ready, my brother called to say that he was coming by to pick up my camera, keys, etc for me, and I expected upon opening the door to see my dad and brother, but the person I see is my mom! I was seriously happily surprised, (and then I freaked out about how I had given the ticket away, but thank goodness math graduation tickets never run out, lol). Yeah, that pretty much made my day.

Of course having all my friends there was awesome too. :) It's nice to be reminded that one is loved and noticed. My friend from socal was even able to make it! He was in the area, but I seriously doubted whether he could get parking and come to the reception area; and luckily, he was able to get parking.

I think it's just all these little surprises from God that constantly remind me of how much God loves me indeed. How my mom was able to get round trip tickets this morning on the same flight as my dad. How my friend was able to get parking. How math graduation tickets never sell out. Yes, I love the small surprises in life, because they are constant reminders of how God watches over me and cares for me, cares for my wellbeing, and my happiness. It's amazing that a God so great, would take notice of a person as small as me. I think at the heart of it, I am joyful that I know God cares, and God sees. God saw how much it would mean for me for my mom to come, and He made it happen, as small of an event as it can be seen. I think everyone in this world really just needs to know one thing, that someone cares and loves unconditionally about them, and then they're able to overcome just about anything, because they know they mean the whole world to someone, even if it were just one person. And with us, we've been counted worthy of the Son of God to come and die for us, that we may have freedom.

And so no wonder Paul says that we are more than conquerors in all things, because we have a God who cares, who loves, and who saves us humans though we do not deserve it. (Romans 8:37-39)

Comments

Popular Posts