Radiant Glory : the Life of Martha Wing Robinson

July 13, 2011
I read but one chapter of this book, and it filled my heart with such a passion and such a yearning for the intimate relationship she had with Jesus. I WANT I WANT! Someone once said of her:
“One could not be in her presence long without recog­nizing her life was controlled by the One who dwelt within her. There was an inner radiancy and something of a celestial fire which burned the love of Jesus into our very souls.”
Here are some excerpts from her journals as recounted in the chapter:
"Today my great desire is that my everyday life-the common words and tones and actions-shall show forth Jesus."
That I may have this desire too, but not just to have this desire, but to go about pursuing it with my very being!
"The steps back to God have been seeing the nakedness and useless and powerlessness of my life, listening to the Voice of God, continuous prayer for the Holy Spirit to come in, much searching of the Scriptures, much humbling by the Hand of God, perseverance, patience, importunity, steadfastness, the dying out of the self-life, the glorious cleansing by the blood of Christ of the old sinful nature following an absolute consecration to Thee, boldly entering upon a life of trust...
May the Divine Love in me conquer every tendency to irritability, selfishness, or egotism. Give me a great passion for souls. Increase my teaching gift.
May God so consume me and I abide in God so much that my flesh may fully die.
O Lord Jesus, come quickly. My soul thirsts after Thee, the Living God. My heart crieth after Thee. More than fruits or gifts or power I long for Thee. Come and dwell in me in greater fulness, Thou Son of God. Help me, help me to drop everything of this earth, and take Thee.
That we would want God alone, over and above what gifts or blessings he could bestow upon us, but that we would look past the gifts, to the Giver Himself and would not be satisfied until we've had Him fully.
The Christian workers under Fisher have had a wonderful experience. The Shekinah glory descended upon them while at prayer and shone not only in the room but over the house, so that fire reels came to put out what appeared to be a fire; and there was no fire. Truly we are in a wonderful time.
Wouldn't that be awesome/amazing/magnificent if we'd be so caught up in prayer like this? That the glory of God, the presence of God would shine through during our prayer meetings to the point that firefighters would come, thinking the place were on fire. But instead of fire, they find that it is the glory of GOD in that place!
God has promised that I shall be filled. As yet I am not. In spite of the conscious indwelling of the Holy Spirit, in spite of my knowledge He uses me, makes me His witness, in spite of blessed anointings - my soul keeps crying and crying for God.
And I thank Him it is so. Only that hunger and thirst for Himself will give me Himself. With all my failures and imperfections, with all my weakness and shortcomings, I know absolutely that I desire God more than anything in the world, that I have left all to follow Jesus, that I am God's absolutely. Yet, oh - the reaching out for more of Himself.
That I would never be content nor satisfied with however much knowledge I may have, with how much growth I think I've gone through, with how much I may think I've developed the fruit of the Spirit, but that my yearning and my desire for God may never be quenched, and would instead grow and increase to unquenchable magnitudes as I attain more and more of Him in my life.
Lord, make rivers of Living Water flow out from me. Give me Thyself in great fulness. Rivers to swim in is my plea. O Lord, we 'advertize' the Water of Life, and then there is only a little trickling stream when there ought to be gushing abundance. O Lord, my God, give help.
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." (John 7:38) Oh, that it'd be true for us all!!
Last night we had just two car tickets. Harry said for me to use them for going to meeting and he would walk. At first, it seemed the only way. Then I thought, if we do that, it will mean that we have needed something God hasn't supplied. God can't permit that. We will each use a ticket going down and trust God to pay our way home. He did. At meeting He gave us two dollars, and besides a friend paid our way down.
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)
May I remember this! That I am not in need of anything because God will and has met all my needs, even the ones that I don't know of yet, even the ones that I don't see met yet with my human eyes. Oh, that I may have such faith as this! To step out, take a risk, and have faith that God WILL provide.

(book can be found here https://sites.google.com/site/radiantglory/radiantglory-contents, all quotes are from chapter 21: That I Might Know Him)

Comments

  1. I asked him to take me 40 days, at least that was the plan, no sinning at all, no distractions as much as i could give... day 29 He came and never left and He is growing the kingdom in me since.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeiLG-7k6dw

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO nothing but wait for Jesus, sparingly eating, etc, mourning and waiting for His Spirit, heart and mind to be yours, but number 1 asking for His Glory to enter you after seeing it.


    Who was speaking to Jacob?

    • John 6:46 “Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from Elohim – He has seen the Father."

    • Genesis 32:30 - And Ya'aqob called the name of the place Peni’el, “For I have seen Elohim face to face, and my life is preserved.”

    After his fasting to receive the power, Moses had this happen, who did He see face to face?

    Deuteronomy 23:14 - After Moses had gone down the mountain to the people, he consecrated them, and they washed their clothes. 15 Then he said to the people, “Prepare yourselves for the third day. Abstain from sexual relations.”

    Alex Abrahamian Exodus 19:22 "Even the priests, who approach the Lord, must consecrate themselves, or the Lord will break out against them.”

    Moses saw the backside in the mountain then later this:

    "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent."
    Exodus 33:11

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL YOUR HEART MIND AND SOUL TO SEEK GOD.

    Mind = thoughts
    Heart = ideas imaginations
    soul = be still and dont move and wait

    rest from works.

    for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Hebrews 4:10


    THE HOLY SPIRIT Is in the heart, what Jesus was born with we receive when we believe. Jesus had the Holy Spirit in Him but... this had to happen to Him still.. and to us:

    The 1 Talent is the deposit in the heart. That's Jesus knocking.

    Now we have to sit still and wait to see Him, see John 14:21


    Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts