most favored of all creatures

November 22, 2012
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18)
Tis the season for giving thanks! 
I am super thankful for my family - for the fact that we dearly love each other & are deeply rooted in our love & faith in God. It is such a huge blessing that I take for granted at times. 
I am thankful for my home church - for the family that they are to my family. For the many ways they've poured out help, love, and care so generously to my family. It's amazing experiencing the love of God through the body of Christ - and it affirms to me just how important having a community of brothers and sisters to walk with you through all stages of life is. 
I am grateful for my friends. I love that I can share with them & ask them for prayer & know that they WILL pray for me. It's an amazing feeling knowing that people are praying for you. 
I am grateful for God's providence in everything - but right now on my mind - financially/materially. Every year when I look back - I'm blown away & also really clueless as to how I come out each year with so much abundance. I just got the iPhone 4 yesterday & yes, it was free. I keep looking at it kind of in disbelief because I'm not exactly someone who could be affording smart phones or the like haha, & yet I have one & I somehow can afford it... I'm surprised each time by the abundance God pours out on me. He reassures me each time that yes, He WILL provide. He WILL care for me. And He WILL meet ALL my needs & SO much more. 
I am above all grateful and so deeply amazed & awed by the tremendous & unconditional love of God in my life. I realize more day by day how true it is that I can face any situation, no matter how difficult or terrible, because He is my God and He loves me more than anyone else ever could. 
This entire year, especially this semester, & especially now, I feel is summarized so well by one of my favorite A.W. Tozer quotes: 
With the goodness of God to desire our highest welfare, the wisdom of God to plan it, and the power of God to achieve it, what do we lack? Surely we are the most favored of all creatures.
Surely, I am a most favored of all creatures.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts