blessings abound!

August 27, 2012
He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Rom 8:32)
It's the beginning of the school year - year 1 of the journey towards, possibly, a PhD ! And already I am amazed at seeing the way God truly provides and blesses as I seek His will, direction, and help.  I absolutely love my apartment! And my roommate is great! It's only been a week since I've been back, but I already feel super grateful for all that I've noticed He's blessed me with. My apartment is big! Clean! New! So different from my old apartment. 

God's amazing. We needed a TV stand, and I had been trying to figure out how exactly to get one for a year since Josh would have one available for me next year when he graduates, and I wasn't entirely convinced I wanted to buy a new one if I could get one for free in a year. A few weeks back, our upstairs neighbor moved out and asked us to take her couch and TV stand (along with some other things) for a year until she comes back next year. A year! How amazing and perfect is that?! I was giddy with excitement at just the way God provides in even the inconsequential and tiny things. :) 

School started last Thursday, and that morning, during my QTs, I had prayed that God would really help guide me as I figure out how exactly getting a PhD worked...classes..research..requirements. It all seemed a bit overwhelming, especially the research part since I had no idea when exactly I should start research or how to even approach it. And there were some requirements I wanted to get out of that I wasn't entirely sure if it'd hurt me later in the program. After my classes that day, I went to see a professor I had taken classes with during my MA program. I like her a lot and am thinking about possibly doing research with her in the future. I asked her a bunch of questions and then she says to me "actually, I'm your first year mentor, so we can meet up and I can provide more guidance for you." I was super surprised & happy that things worked out so well ! I now had the perfect chance to ask her all my questions regarding classes, research, the program, etc. And what's more, she was precisely the professor I would have liked as my mentor but out of pure laziness, I had not requested her (haha -__-). Even more than that, she is the professor I'd like to work with in the future because she's so nice & already knows me. It's awesome how fast God answers prayers  :) 


This year will be busy as I balance my difficult coursework with the other things I have to be a responsible steward of: my apartment & my health. I'm already a bit sad that I won't have much time to read as much as I'd like but I'm excited for the year to see how God will lead & continue to provide as I seek His will and guidance day by day :) My God is truly an amazing God :) 

Comments

  1. Such a happy post, and so glad to hear you're doing well (and enjoying the new apt hehe) Christine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts