the typical end of the year post :)

December 31, 2011
Last day of the year 2011. :) It hasn't been the easiest year, with many unforseen events coming up and certain events not going as planned, but it was a good year because I see that God has worked in me throughout this year. I have realized more the sinfulness of my human nature - so much impatience, quick temperedness, malice, and judgmental-ness, but I've also realized how great my God is - so full of grace, love, patience, and mercy.

Throughout this year, I've been able to experience the blessedness and pure joy of serving at church with friends and family; I love serving and I love being able to have the privilege and opportunity to be a part of what God is doing in the church, to be able to love others and invest in them, and to be able to understand just a little more of God's heart for his people.  I've also been blessed in my schooling - I am happy with what I study and I enjoy my schoolwork.  I really do believe that it is such a blessing to be able to find what it is you love to do, and to be able to do it.

At the beginning of 2011, I didn't think I'd ever consider continuing schooling, just because it is such a daunting task in both time and energy.  Now at the end of 2011, I am open to the opportunity if God so leads.

I'm really excited for 2012.  There will be so many changes, some of which I am a little sad about - with friends leaving the area to continue their schooling, but I am excited as well because I know that we are all in this journey together where, no matter where we are, we are being led by God into the plans He has in store for us and growing us to be more Christlike.  There is uncertainty as to where I'd be by the end of 2012.  In a lot of ways, this looking forward into 2012, was a lot like my looking forward into 2010.  I don't know where I'll be or what I'll end up doing by the end of 2012, but I know that no matter which route God leads me down, it's going to be one filled with excitement, joy, pruning, waiting, and blessing.  I'm so excited at the changes that will be coming in my life.  Of course, there is a bit of bittersweetness at knowing that no matter which route God leads me down, there will be a bit of my desires that I will have to give up on (can't have it all ! ).  But with the many possibilities 2012 has in store for me, I am so very looking forward to what God will and can do as I focus on Him and wait expectantly for Him to guide and lead me into His will and purposes. :)

As I start 2012, I am glad that God has provided me with family, mentors, and friends to support me and encourage me no matter where I am.  And for this year, I hope that as I grow in my prayer life, I will be able to continue to see how God works not only in my life, but in the lives of those around me.

Here's to what will be an amazing year, since walking with God day by day is never anything short of amazing! :)

Comments

Popular Posts