hello 2016!

January 7, 2016
My obligatory new year post. I write to remind myself of how good God has been to me this last year; to not forget the hardships and to not take for granted the blessings. There were really, really hard times in 2015 and then there were the really great moments in 2015.

Grad school - From feeling incredibly discouraged at being denied from taking my qualification exam in May to actually passing it in November - pretty big thing to be grateful for! Realizing how blessed I was to have my grad school friends who were so willing to stay up and help me and walk me through my concerns, my presentation and research. Still a big struggle; still really not sure if I'll ever get my degree o_o, but I just keep reminding myself - one step at a time, I passed my qual, and God's still walking me through each and every step of the way.

Family - God brought my family through unexpected situations this year.  It was hard at times, but I'd say that, looking over 2015, there were a lot of triumphs. Things got better than I could have hoped for. God answered prayers not in flashy ways, but in little changes, little triumphs. Sometimes, God works at a pace we deem slow, but what I am grateful for is that He works.

Other - Overall, I'd say that 2015 was a year filled with uncertainties and the unexpected. But while uncertainties and the unexpected can fill me with dread, I've realized that overall, things turned out pretty well. I'm entering 2016 with a lot of emotions - I am more sure of myself and my beliefs and am confident that God will bring me through any and all things that come my way this year; but I am also a bit scared of the unknown, of the 'what if's; but I am also excited for the potential adventures and the sure journey.  Funny how we can feel such opposite feelings of dread and excitement.
Thank you God for bringing me through 2015! Please let 2016 be a good year. :]
My encouragement verse for the year -
God is within her, she will not fall (Psalm 46:5)

Comments

Popular Posts