thankful :)

November 26, 2010
So it's 1 AM, but technically, I'd like to think it's still thanksgiving. :) We should be giving thanks everyday for everything God has blessed us with, but I guess being reminded to give thanks on just one day is better than not doing it at all.
I was reading this article (http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0002366.cfm) on this guy who got into a car accident, and his entire future changed around, but because of the way he placed and trusted his entire future in God's hands, he was able to be a witness to others of how really, we are assured of nothing in this world and that with that fact ingrained into our minds, we really need to start taking hold of what actually matters in life. What we have today can be gone in a second. We may think we have plenty of years to finish school, get a job, get married, etc. but all that can be changed in a flash. Life is not predictable, and so we need to be consumed with the things that actually matter. I loved the part of the article that said that with the accident, his passion for baseball disappeared, and instead, God consumed his life. Now, I don't think passions for non-God things is wrong and should just be rid of; God gives us the passions in our lives for a purpose, but our passions must stem out of Christ and God must consume our life. Anyway, I liked the article and I highly recommend reading it as it is a very needed reminder that we shouldn't take anything we have for granted as it can all be taken away in a second and that God should be the center of our lives, because ultimately, it is God that brings meaning to our lives.
A few of the things that I am so very grateful for:
-my family who constantly prays for me and supports and encourages me in everything I want to pursue
-being at Berkeley for grad school with its brilliant professors, students, and interesting courses
-being a GSI -- teaching me to care for others and have the opportunity to help others in material that I like
-my new roommate this year
-being abundantly provided for in ways that really baffle me
-getting plugged into a church in norcal
-having friends, hahaha.
-having good health
-God's constant guidance and faithfulness even when I am unfaithful and fearful

:)


Comments

  1. "having friends" Amen to that!

    I am thankful to have friends too. Doesn't necessarily have to be that way, hrmmm.

    P.S. Hi Christine ahhaha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts